Combining vintage Cross design elements with modern techniques, features and finishes, this special edition pencil marks the Cross 175th anniversary by bringing their past, present and future together as one. The distinctive ball clip and plated enamel bands showcased on each pencil were first introduced in the 1920s on the Cross Alwrite Collection and later in 1935 on the Cross Signet. A delicately engraved wave pattern runs across the barrel capturing the light as its moved, creating a distinctive and captivating writing instrument. Inspired by art deco style, the jet black and rose gold colourway further highlights the link to Cross’ design heritage. Utilising the iconic Classic Century profile, this distinctive mechanical pencil is completed with the exclusive 175 emblem set proudly into the end cap, symbolising Cross’s years of craftsmanship and innovation.
- Special Edition marking 175 years of the Cross brand
- Matte black PVD with rose gold plated trim
- Fine wave pattern engraving across cap and barrel
- Rose gold plated enamel bands on cap and barrel
- Vintage inspired ball clip design
- 175 emblem embedded in end cap
- Uses 0.7mm leads
- Twist mechanism
- Presented in Cross gift box with commemorative pen stand
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Dimensions: L 133mm x D 8mm
- Weight: 17g
Cross Pens are regarded as America’s oldest manufacturer of writing instruments (since 1846) and the pioneer of the mechanical pencil. They are coveted for their aerodynamic lines and signature gleaming chrome finish, inspired by Art Deco and Manhattan architecture. Their medalist finish combines chrome with gold accents, typifying their sharp, business-like feel. Many of the Cross designs have remained unchanged for decades, such as the Classic Century and Townsend (the pen of US presidents).